Sunday 31 January 2010

Paris

1st Arrondissement, Paris

Centre Pompidou

In the midst of the Pierre Soulages retrospective (www.pierre-soulages.com) surrounded by illuminations from the darkness, ripples through time reverberate within. I realize it was here that I stood thirteen years ago trying to make sense of my fractured life and grasped in an abstract painting the transcendence of suffering, realizing that art could someday be my way out of the confusion as the words of Soulages that I read just moments ago call me out of reflection, resonating “It’s what I do that teaches me what I’m looking for.” My whole life I’ve been struggling to understand what it is that I’m searching for. Here, now, in Paris, enveloped in the negatively sublime I realize that writing is teaching me what it is that I am looking for… I am looking for the words to transcend and transmit the strangeness of my life... What I am looking for is the manifestation of my surreal vision of life... Just then Marie appears seemingly from nowhere “Amazing isn’t it?” she says, her eyes sparkling in the light.
“Amazing...”

LOve

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Say it. Or forever hold your tongue.