Thursday 3 June 2010

Special

Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York

I met Lukas Haas tonight at work. I recognized him walking through the lobby. I thought it was him, but wasn't sure. He came over and asked me a question. I asked him if he was Lukas Haas. Yeah, he said. I asked him if he was still in the band BUNNY with Vincent Gallo. He said they hadn't played together in a while, that he wasn't in the band anymore and that he hadn't talked to Vincent Gallo in a bit. I ran out of things to say. I wanted to ask him if Vincent Gallo was really as much of an asshole as his reputation suggests, but figured it was an inappropriate question. A guy I used to work with in Austin said he had a run in with Vincent Gallo at SXSW around the time BUFFALO 66 came out. Turned out that I later had run in with the guy I used to work with, so... Lukas asked me about the hotel. As I talked I kept feeling like there was something I wanted to ask him, or that there was something that I'd forgotten to say, but I wasn't sure what it was. After he left I thought that maybe the reason that everyone comes to NYC is to get the contact high of being in close proximity to fame, glamor and success. Then I thought about a friend of mine who used to live in Brooklyn who had a friend that lived in Vincent Gallo's building who said that he heard Vincent saying all the time - I wrote, directed in starred in that fucking movie! My friend thought it was funny. I thought if I'd written, directed in starred in that movie I'd tell everyone too. Then I started thinking that I'd really like to meet some writers, as I'd have more to talk about, but they're harder to spot in crowds than actors. Coming home on the train I remembered that I'd seen Lukas Haas with Laura Dern in Austin backstage at a Ben Harper show. Then I remembered that a friend of mine who's friends with Lukas's mother said that he had a small production company in Austin and that she thought he might be interested in my first book (that I've now folded into the one I'm working on). I just couldn't put it all together when I was talking to him.

Love

Listenin' to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Say it. Or forever hold your tongue.